United Steel, Inc. is the largest fabricator and erector of structural steel and miscellaneous metals in New England. We have been in business for over 40 years and have safely produced top quality products for our customers.
We are currently seeking a Safety Manager:
Plans, directs, and implements organization Shop & Field safety programs to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees in shop and work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of areas around knowledge, create site-specific programs when necessary, and train accordingly.
- Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspects organization facilities and job sites to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Works with Human Resources on the administration of workers’ compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Develop and maintaining strong relationships with every member of the shop team, project team, subcontractors and clients.
- Conduct new hire safety orientations for incoming new employees and provide annual refresher training where necessary.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Safety, Health or Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering or equivalent; or seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of seven years of experience with site construction health and safety.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in OSHA 1910 and OSHA 1926
- Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health covering both OSHA General Industry and Construction. Certificates in construction safety topics including but not limited OSHA 30 hour or OSHA 30 hour Trainer credentials.
- Certificate level training in environmental topics-Underground tanks, Hazardous waste management, Tier I reporting
- Experience with environmental compliance and CT DEEP regulations/waste management requirements
- Knowledge of accident investigations, report writing, interpersonal skills, Training experience conducting Safety and health topics to employees and management.
- Must have computer skills including knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Superior customer service skills, time management skills and the ability to multi-task, follow directions, and quickly learn new tasks, are essential.
- Ability to work will all levels within the organization is essential to this position is the ability to maintain a professional relationship with staff, co-workers and the laws
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401(k) with company match, supplemental benefits and more.
United Steel Inc, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Similar Job Searches
- Structural Steel Erection and Fabrication Safety Manager
- Structural Steel Erection and Fabrication Safety Manager in East Hartford, Connecticut
- Structural Steel Erection and Fabrication Safety Manager in Hartford County, Connecticut
- Structural Steel Erection and Fabrication Safety Manager in Connecticut
- Structural Steel Erection and Fabrication Safety Manager in Northeast, United States
- Construction jobs in East Hartford, Connecticut
- Construction jobs in Hartford County, Connecticut
- Construction jobs in Connecticut
- Construction jobs in Northeast, United States
- Safety Manager
- Health and Safety
- Safety Manager Construction
- Construction Safety Manager
- Structural Steel
- Health Safety Environmental and Quality Manager