Health and Safety Advisor - construction (building, civil engineering and rail) - main contractor working on projects across Essex and Kent - c£40k-£45k+package
* On a day to day basis provide guidance and advice to the business on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards using Guidance and Observation visits
* To respond to requests for advice which fall within the job holders area of expertise, through discussion with the SHE Manager, and others where appropriate
* Undertaking risk assessments relating to SHE.
* Proactively working with operational teams during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHE is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
* Assisting the business with the implementation of the OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
* Undertaking 'active' monitoring of company projects using the monitoring system
* Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred.
* Investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement
* Liaising with enforcing authorities as necessary
* Assisting the SHE Manager in the preparation, review and updating of policies and procedures relating to the management of SHE
* Working with senior managers and/or directors on the development and implementation of divisional level strategies for improvement
* Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant website/ site visits Raise awareness on SHE and sustainability issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary.
* NEBOSH Construction/general cert (minimum)
* NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ L5 in OHAS (desired) Relevant experience of working as part of a SHE team
* Providing proactive support to operational business units
* Up to date knowledge of UK legislation in relation to SHE Operation of an OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 14001 based system
* Relevant construction sector experience