At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now wed like to connect with you. Cox Communications is currently seeing a Universal Home Technician In Training to play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization.
As a Universal Home Technician In Training, you will serve as a front-line representative of the Cox brand and be a key member of a supportive, service-oriented team that:
• Installs, disconnects, reconnects, adds, changes, and troubleshoots video, telephony, and high-speed Internet services at customer locations.
• Educates customers regarding their existing and new services, promotes other Cox services, and proposes solutions to customer problems.
• Takes whatever actions are required to deliver a great customer experience.
• Lives the Cox Values, by completing work to the highest quality standard in the most productive manner.
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a Universal Home Technician, where youll be enhancing the lives of Cox customers and your career.
The Cox Communications Difference
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents.
Our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We embrace and foster an environment that builds on the unique talents that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
Keep reading to learn more about the role and to apply to join the Cox Communications team today!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Drives Company vehicle between office, warehouse, and work sites.
• Works outside on a customers premises or within a customers home.
• Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours, as required. Reports to a Field Service Supervisor.
• Follows all Company standard safety practices in the course of performing work activities.
• Prepares for daily work assignment by requisitioning equipment and supplies from warehouse, and stocking vehicle as needed.
• Maintains company truck and other equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines.
• Drives a company truck between office and/or home, warehouse, and work sites in a safe and courteous manner, and in accordance with all laws and company policies.
• Monitors Workforce Administration System (WFA) throughout the day for information regarding changes to work schedule and for information about current installation.
• Communicates with dispatch (via WFA, radio, phone) for connection assistance, status on current install or new service requests.
• Consults with supervisor and other technicians for advice and assistance as needed.
• Interacts with customers in a professional, courteous manner including when responding to escalations and repeated customer concerns.
• Educates customers in the use of installed products.
• Promotes Cox services to generate new accounts, service upgrades or additional services by explaining the advantages of additional products and services
• Explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms.
• Completes work order on paper or WFA in accordance with Company standards.
• Ensures that customer completes invoice. Explains charges and billing procedures. May also collect money/payment from customer (local practices vary).
• Cleans work area upon completion of job.
• Participates in team meetings as scheduled.
• Attends job-related training that may include initial training, refresher training, product and service updates.
• Applies knowledge and skills acquired through follow-up training to the relevant aspects of their work activities.
• Completes paperwork accurately, and reports and records work order status updates via WFA/ARU and/or Dispatch.
• Follows procedures to deposit and close out batches (when applicable).
• Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours due to customer or operational demands.
• Installation: Installs, upgrades, and/or disconnects Cox broadband products and services including video, telephony, and HSI following prescribed procedures. Uses small hand tools, power tools, and test equipment. Ensures that service operates within prescribed parameters.
• Troubleshooting: Attempts to identify and remedy sources of video, telephone, and HIS service or customer-perceived problems.
• Works with alarms, low voltage electricity, and color-coded wires.
• 18 years of age
• Valid state drivers license and a good driving record
• One year of work experience in a comparable field such as construction trade, mechanics, semi-skilled manufacturing, or other related hands-on trade role
• Minimum of one year of direct customer service experience
• PC and Windows software skills
• Stable work history
• Able to work required shifts and overtime (if necessary)
• Spanish proficiency desirable in some locations
• High school degree or GED equivalent preferred; post-high school education a plus
• 5+ years of experience specifically in service installation and repair in multiple service provider and/or telecommunications environment.
• Ability to carry and use tools and equipment
• Ability to complete documentation, and inspect, install, and repair materials and equipment
• Ability to locate work sites
• Requisite ability required to drive motor vehicle
• Adequate ability to distinguish different colors of wire
• Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
• Ability to bend, stoop, and crawl
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds to lift, position, and carry 28-foot extension ladder
• Ability to climb ladders and/or utility poles and work in high places
• Ability to work in small places (such as crawl spaces and attics)
• Ability to tolerate temporary exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and extreme, non-weather-related heat
• Ability to work outdoors