Role: Civil/Structural CAD Technician
Location: Hull & York
Salary: Up to £35,000
Penguin Recruitment are currently looking for a CAD Technician to work within a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, to assist their current team of Civil & Structural Engineers and Technicians in the companies Hull & York offices.
The Successful CAD Technician should have Engineering/Construction knowledge, a solid understanding of maths and science, good communications and group working skills, and have an enthusiastic approach to construction with a keen eye for detail.
The candidates should also be able to demonstrate competent skills in use of AutoCAD and general office software such as word processing and spread sheet databases. Some knowledge/experience of using Revit would be an advantage but not essential.
The main duties of the Successful CAD Technician will include:
- Developing general arrangement plans, elevations, sections and details for a wide variety of projects from Architects drawings;
- Producing concrete reinforcement drawings and compiling reinforcement schedules from engineers design information;
- Producing site layout drawings including level, drainage plans and highway alignments and sections;
- Management of project drawing issues and organisation of received documents/drawings to ensure documents/drawings are presented and stored in accordance with our standard company practice;
- Carrying out topographical and measured surveys to assist in the production of drawings and design;
- Attending site visits to assist Engineers visual checks and measure and works completed or assess queries arising during the construction phase;
- Performing general office admin duties to comply with standard company Q.A. procedures and practice.
The company also encourages staff to join professional institutions, and members of staff play an active role in the Institution of Civil Engineers, Institution of Structural Engineers and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors at both local and regional level.