We are currently recruiting for a specialised local authority organisation who are based in Darlington.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Licensing Support Officer to join their busy team with an immediate start.
This position has the attractive working hours of Monday-Friday 8.00am-5.00pm.
The role is 9-month maternity cover and we are looking for applicants who are immediately available for this vacancy.
Please note we will require a minimum of 2 years' references before we can submit your application to this position due to the nature of the organisation.
As Licensing Support Officer, you will be covering the following job duties:
- Receipting and processing applications for a range of licences relating to premises, vehicles and people.
- Taking cash payments both in person and by post.
- Processing routine applications.
- Preparing and issuing licences, consents and permits.
- Dealing with enquiries from trade members, licensees, other agencies and the public on the administration of the licensing function
- Assisting in the preparation and recording of licensing data, including end of month statistics.
- Creating and updating manual licensing records.
- Inputting and maintaining the Uniform licensing system database, including updating of licensing records.
- Providing cover for/assistance to other members of staff as required.
- To undertake and deliver projects as requested by the Director or other senior managers that may extend beyond the boundaries of the department.
- Ensure that you work in line with all the Council's policies and procedures and ensure that you are aware of your obligations under these.
- Behave according to the Employees' Code of Conduct and ensure that you are aware of your obligations and responsibilities re. conflicts of interest, gifts, hospitality and other matters covered by the Code.
- Carry out your role in line with the Council's Equality agenda.
- To comply with health and safety policies, organisational statements and procedures, report any incidents / accidents/ hazards and take a pro-active approach to health and safety matters in order to protect yourself and others.
- Any other duties of a similar nature related to this post that may be required from time-to-time.
- A minimum of 1 year's relevant admin or licensing experience
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to a range of audiences
- Ability to apply accurate literacy and numeracy skills, to include spelling, punctuation, grammar, percentages and decimals
- IT literate, capable of using MSWord/ Excel and office packages
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Committed to high standards of customer service
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Holder of BII Licensing Practitioner's Certificate or equivalent
- Experience of cash handling, placing purchase orders or invoice payment or equivalent
- Knowledge of Local Authority systems and procedures
- Knowledge of taxi licensing and/or the Licensing Act 2003
- Experience in licensing administration
If the above role is of interest to you, please do not hesitate to apply to this advert attaching your CV. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.